Thursday 2 August 2012

Sissy gum-gummy!


So this might be my last post in a while. Although, my last post before this was a while ago, too. So that’s a long while. Anyhoo.

August is the month I have been waiting for all year. August 2 is the day I’ve been waiting for months now. And it has finally arrived. The day that my sister arrives, comes home after five long years. You’d think that after a five-year long wait, the last few months would pass in a jiffy. Nope. Slowest months, weeks, days and hours of our lives.

My sister and I have always been close; when we were young and she bullied me, when we were living together and fighting, when I would bully her, and even with miles and oceans between us. Super tight, touchwood. To the extent that, sometimes, mom gets jealous of our tightness. She’s my best friend, the one I spill all my beans to, the one I turn to for advice, the one I complain to about my parents, my friends, my boyfriend...you get the drift.

Being away from her has been hard, though we eventually got used to it. But we still speak on the phone at least once a week and online almost every day. I love technology. And I am still her baby, so you can imagine how berserk she’s gone shopping for me.

The plan is that if we’re still single when we grow old, we’ll move to Miami (or was it the Bahamas?) together and sip on cocktails for the rest of our lives.
She also gets to finally meet my marad, so I am rather thrilled. It is a big deal for me, for them to get to know each other.

This month promises to hold lots of love, laughter, fun, some tears, and a decent amount of travel (finally!). Everyone who knows me knows how excited I’ve been, and in a few hours, that excitement will finally pay off. I will return and update y’all about my shenanigans of August, but till then, have fun and love your siblings. You gotta, right?

P.S. I am grateful for this blog. Because of my work craziness, I haven’t been able to write a single article or see my byline in any magazine for months. I met my friend (who happens to be my former editor) and she told me to keep writing every few days. And I realised, hey, I do that with my blog! Once a writer, always a writer.

P.P.S. This post is mucho appropriate. Today is raksha bandhan! Happy happy to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment